The essence of communication is breaking down barriers. The telephone, for instance, breaks distance and time barriers so that people can communicate in real time or near-real time when they are not in the same place. But as communications evolve, there are new barriers to be overcome. New forms of communication emerge, such as e-mail, voice mail, fax machines, and pagers, and people use different devices for each of these.
Unified messaging (UM) is designed to overcome these barriers. It breaks down the terminal and media barriers so that people using different technologies, different media, and different terminals can still communicate with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Unified messaging is the integration of several different communications media so that users can retrieve and send voice, fax, and e-mail messages from a single interface, whether that is a wireless phone, a PC, or an Internet-enabled PC.
IP telephony provides a way for you to extend consistent communication services to all your employees, whether they are in main campus locations, at branch offices, or working remotely, or are mobile. IP telephony transmits voice communications over a network using open-standards-based Internet Protocol.
Cisco IP telephony products are a key component of the Cisco Unified Communications system, which delivers the business benefits of a converged network to organisations of all sizes. Use Cisco IP telephony solutions to:
- Provide secure, reliable, scalable communications that take advantage of your LAN and WAN
- Improve employee productivity through integration with innovative applications
Evolve your communications with 3CX Phone System for Windows - an IP Phone System that completely replaces your proprietary PBX, supports standard SIP soft/hard phones, VOIP services and traditional PSTN phone lines. 3CX Phone System is far less expensive than a traditional PBX and can reduce call costs substantially by using a VOIP service provider. Its web-based administration makes phone system management easy. 3CX Phone System eliminates the phone wiring network and allows users to hot desk simply by taking their phone.
- Complete phone system - Provides call switching, routing & queueing
- Purchase cost dramatically lower than a traditional hardware PBX
- Scaleable - Unlimited extensions and phone lines. No proprietary expansion modules needed!
- Web based configuration & status indication - Easy phone system management!
- Unified communications - Receive voice mail via e-mail & see user presence
- Auto attendant (e.g. 1 for sales, 2 for support, etc.)
- Reduce long distance and inter office call costs
- No more expensive proprietary system phones - Use standard SIP phones
- Eliminate the phone wiring and make moving offices easier